Representative - Senior
While most people enjoy playing touch purely for the social aspects, there is the opportunity to play representative touch at regional, state, national and international levels.
This opportunity exists for both juniors and seniors, with age groups from under 10s to over 50s in different tournaments.
Players wanting to play representative touch for Dubbo need to be prepared to commit to the following:
- Attend training on a regular basis
- Continue to develop own personal touch skill level
- Complete a Dubbo Touch Senior Representative Player EOI form by Friday 28th July 2023 by clicking this link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QQ5hVwE2wRcyB365CqnhVxnwys7FAeycR7wK6jQGoBs/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Be prepared to pay Dubbo Touch levy, uniform costs. entry fees for tournaments and organise own accommodation and travel for tournaments outside Dubbo.
- Demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct of a high standard at all times
- Be registered in the current summer/winter Dubbo Touch competition
For senior players the following carnivals are held annually:
- Hornets Championships (October)-Location TBC
- NSW Country Championships (October) - Mudgee
- NSW State Cup (December) - Port Macquarie
- National Touch League (March) - Coffs Harbour
Dubbo Touch Association aims to have teams and players in all of these tournaments where possible. Each team requires an appropriately qualified coach, manager and referee before the team can be entered in the tournament.
Dubbo Touch Association is required to complete team nominations to most tournaments 4-6 weeks prior to the tournament, therefore Dubbo Touch needs to have a clear commitment from the coach, manager, referee and players prior to this time.
DUBBO TOUCH REPRESENTATIVE PLAYER AND SELECTION POLICY
These decisions have been made by the committee in the interests of providing a fair process for all players.
- Teams representing Dubbo Touch will only be entered if they have a qualified coach and manager, can demonstrate they have been training regularly and have paid all monies six weeks prior to the tournament and Dubbo Touch has met the referee quota for the tournament.
- Priority will be given to entering Women’s Open and Men’s Open teams
- A minimum of 12 registered Dubbo Touch players is required for a team to be entered in any tournament.
- Should more than 14 registered Dubbo Touch players express interest then qualified selectors will be asked to determine the final team.
- Any players missing out on selection with a Dubbo team, or who desire to play in a division where Dubbo does not have a team, have the opportunity to enter the player pool and be placed in a team from another affiliate wherever possible
- For more information see the Representative Player and Selection Policy
Supporting Representative Players
Dubbo Touch Association would like to encourage players to participate in representative Touch and understand that the financial commitment can sometimes be prohibitive. Please see the attached policy, which describes how players can contribute to Dubbo Touch Association in return for points. The points can then be translated into monetary support for representative endeavours or officials payments.
For more information about playing representative Touch for Dubbo, please contact Andrew Tomlins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 930 751.