Juniors - Competition
Dubbo Touch Association runs a Junior Touch competition from October to February each year. The competition includes ages under 7s through to under 15s. Games are played on a Monday afternoon from 4:30pm. The competition runs for approximately 12 weeks (plus finals) with games at 4:30pm and 5:15pm. The 2022/2023 competition runs from 10 October – 27 February (excluding school holidays)
Team registrations will open 4 July 2022 and close 5 August 2022. When registering a team the team manager must register as a coach and have a WWCC. Please note due to the number of fields we have available to play on these registrations could close earlier. Player registrations will open for players registering into a team from 4 July 2022 and will close on 21 August 2022.
Junior Touch registrations are online here. Cost is $100 per player for the the early bird discount which runs up until 22 July 2022 this includes a playing singlet and shorts, which must be worn each week. After 22 July 2022 the cost to play will be $110 per player. Please note there will be no swapping of singlets or shorts.
Late registrations will not be accepted.
Important information to note:
- U7 and U9 teams are recommended to have a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 8 players. There is only 5 players on the the field per team.
- U11 to U15 teams are recommended to have a minimum of 9 players and a maximum of 12 players.
- When registering you will be asked for a shirt and short size (click this link for more information about short sizing), please be accurate as this is the size you will receive and there will not be an opportunity to swap (see the registration pack for sizing).
- Individuals must register to play in their designated age division as per the year of birth (see table below). No requests to play up and age division will be considered or approved.
- All U11, U13 and U15 teams are required to do ‘duty’ throughout the competition each week, unless they have the bye. Duty involves teams providing minimum one person, who is prepared to referee. Please BYO whistle.
- All under 7s and 9s teams must have a coach/manager/parent willing to go on the field and help coordinate their team in attack and referee in defence.
- All U11, U13 and U15 teams must have a coach/manager/parent present in the sub box to manage player behaviour and substitutions.
Born 2015, 2016
5 players on the field
Half size field
Recommended Min 7 - Max 8 players
Mixed, girls & boys teams encouraged to register however teams will play in one division. Thus is no separate division for boys, girls & mixed teams.
Born 2013, 2014
Born 2011, 2012
6 players on the field
Full size field
Recommended Min 9 – max 12 players
Born 2009, 2010
Born 2007, 2008
Junior Competition Registration Pack
Tips for Coaches Referees of under 7s and under 9s
Dubbo Touch Player Code of Conduct
Dubbo Touch Junior Competition By Laws
For further information about the junior competition please contact the Junior Competition Director, Heidi Spratt at email@example.com or 0404 088 042.
To nominate a forfeit
If your team is unable to field four or more players for a competition game teams can nominate a forfeit. This must be done by midday on the day of the competition to the Junior Competition Coordinator - Heidi Spratt on 0404 088 042. Please do not nominate forfeits via Facebook messenger or email as these aren't checked daily.