Juniors - Representative
Dubbo Touch provides the opportunity for juniors aged from under 10s through to under 18s to play representative touch at a number of different carnivals across the year.
Players wanting to play representative touch for Dubbo need to be prepared to commit to the following:
- Attend training on a regular basis
- Continue to develop own personal touch skill level
- Pay entry fees for carnivals in advance (these may include travel and accommodation costs for carnivals outside Dubbo)
- Demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct of a high standard at all times
For junior players the following carnivals are held annually:
- Don Green Western Championships (14 – 15 November in Mudgee)
- Central Coast Junior Championships (13 December in Tuggerah)
- Peter Wilson Championships (6-7 February in Nelson Bay)
- Junior State Cup – Southern Conference (26 – 28 February in Wagga Wagga)
*Note that schools also have carnivals and representative opportunities in addition to those above.
Dubbo Touch Representative Levy in 2020-2021 will be payable per carnival. Junior Rep Levy for Don Green Championships will be payable by 20 September 2020. Levy cost TBA.
Junior Representative player EOIs will be from 1 August – 13 September with training starting Sunday 6 September. Trials will be on Sunday 13 September and Sunday 20 September 2020.
Dubbo Touch Association aims to have teams and players in all of these carnivals where possible. Each team requires an appropriately qualified coach, manager and referee before the team can be entered in the carnival.
Dubbo Touch Association is required to complete team nominations to most carnivals 4-6 weeks prior to the carnival, therefore Dubbo Touch needs to have a clear commitment from the coach, manager, referee and players prior to this time.
Current selection policy for Dubbo Touch
These decisions have been made by the committee in the interests of providing a fair process for all players.
- Teams representing Dubbo Touch will only be entered if they can demonstrate they have been training regularly and have paid all monies six weeks prior to the carnival
- A minimum of 12 registered Dubbo Touch players must meet the above criteria for a team to be entered in any carnival
- Should more than 14 registered Dubbo Touch players meet the above criteria, qualified selectors will be asked to determine the final team
- Any players missing out on selection with a Dubbo team, or who desire to play in a division where Dubbo does not have a team, will be found a place with a team from another affiliate wherever possible via the appropriate channels