Juniors - Representative
Dubbo Touch provides the opportunity for juniors aged from under 8s through to under 18s to play representative touch at a number of different tournaments across the year.
Players wanting to play representative touch for Dubbo need to be prepared to commit to the following:
- Attend training on a regular basis - Sunday 3.30pm - 5pm
- Continue to develop own personal touch skill level
- Complete a Dubbo Touch Junior Representative Player EOI form
- Be prepared to pay Dubbo Touch levy. uniform and entry fees for tournaments in advance (and organise own travel and accommodation for tournaments outside Dubbo)
- Demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct of a high standard at all times
- Make themselves available for all tournaments
- Be registered in the current Junior or Senior summer/winter competition
For junior players the following tournaments are held annually:
- Don Green Western Championships (November location TBC)
- Central Coast Junior Championships (December in Tuggerah)
- Peter Wilson Championships (February location TBC)
- Junior State Cup – Northern Conference (February in Port Macquarie)
Dubbo Touch Representative Levy is $200 for U10 - U18 divisions and $82-$127 for U8 division (pending tournaments team nominate for) in 2022-2023 and will be payable on selection in the team.
Junior Representative player EOIs will be from 1 July – 2 September with training starting Sunday 21 August. Trials will be on Sunday 11 and 18 September 2022.
Dubbo Touch Association aims to have teams and players in all of these tournaments where possible. Each team requires an appropriately qualified coach, manager, referee before the team can be entered in the tournament.
Dubbo Touch Association is required to complete team nominations to most tournaments 4-6 weeks prior to the tournament, therefore Dubbo Touch needs to have a clear commitment from the coach, manager, referee and the minimum player numbers prior to this time.
For more detailed information on the 2022/2023 Junior Rep season:
Dubbo Touch Representative Player and Selection Policy
These decisions have been made by the committee in the interests of providing a fair process for all players.
- Teams representing Dubbo Touch will only be entered if they have a qualified coach and manager, can demonstrate they have been training regularly, have paid all monies prior to the tournament and Dubbo Touch has met the referee quote for the tournament.
- A minimum of 12 registered Dubbo Touch players is required for U12 - U18 divisions and a minimum 10 registered Dubbo Touch players for U8 and U10 divisions for a team to be entered in any tournament.
- Should more than 14 registered Dubbo Touch players express interest then qualified selectors will be asked to determine the final team
- Any players missing out on selection with a Dubbo team, or who desire to play in a division where Dubbo does not have a team, will be found a place with a team from another affiliate wherever possible via the appropriate channels
Supporting Representative Players
Dubbo Touch Association would like to encourage players to participate in representative Touch, and understand that the financial commitment can sometimes be prohibitive. Please see the attached policy, which describes how players can contribute to Dubbo Touch Association in return for points. The points can then be translated into monetary support for representative endeavours or officials payments.
For more information about playing representative Touch for Dubbo, please contact Tracey Whillock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418 665 009.